07 Sep Cloud 9 Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Posted at 17:12h in All Recipes, Delicious Gluten-Free Baking Recipes, Made with All-Purpose Baking Mix, Vegan
Cloud 9 Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Truly moist and delicious with lots of chocolate … and we feel OK about that because of the zucchini!
Ingredients you’ll need:
- 1 Medium Zucchini grated using the smaller side of your grater
- 1 ½ Cups Cloud 9 All-Purpose Baking Mix
- 2 Eggs* – Vegan Option Below
- 1/4 Cup Cacao Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2/3 cup Vegetable Oil or Melted Coconut Oil (let cool to prevent cooking the eggs)
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
Make it Vegan!
- Use 2 tbsp sprouted chia flax with 6 tbsp water (let sit for 5 min) in place of the eggs.
- Combine sprouted chia flax with water and let sit while you get your other ingredients ready
- Preheat your oven to 350
- In a large bowl, combine all your dry ingredients
- Add your wet ingredients including your grated zucchini to eggs (make sure your coconut oil isn’t too hot before incorporating it with your wet ingredients to avoid cooking the eggs)
- Mix your wet and dry ingredients together until combined
- Fold in chocolate
- Spoon your mixture into a greased muffin pan
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until a toothpick or knife comes out dry and allow to cool before removing from muffin tin
These are best fresh from the oven with the warm chocolate melting in your mouth … but you can store them in an airtight container.