19 Jun Cloud 9 Homemade Gluten-Free Soda Bread
A great recipe for Soda Bread with Cloud 9 All-Purpose Baking Mix. This is probably one of our favourites and is really easy to make and even easier to enjoy!
This recipe makes 6 mini loaves or 2 large loaves.
Ingredients you’ll need:
4 cups Cloud 9 All-Purpose Baking Mix
|3 Tbsp Granulated Sugar
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
420 ml Buttermilk
1 Large Egg
1/3 Cup Cold Butter (cubed)
1. Preheat oven to 400F
2. Mix the Cloud 9 All Purpose Baking Mix, sugar, baking soda and salt together
3. Incorporate the cold butter cubes with the dry mixture until crumbly and makes peas sized clumps, either through pulsing with a food processor or using a pastry cutter by hand
4. Once the butter is all incorporated, add the buttermilk and egg mixture and knead the dough for 30 seconds – The dough will be moist so flour dust the work surface and your hands to make it easier to handle
5. Put the dough into the loaves and always score the top of your Soda Bread to help the centre cook thoroughly
6. bake at 400F for 45 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 200F
7. Be sure to cool the bread for 10 minutes before cutting into it
Enjoy this easy-to-make Soda bread!
Measure your flour by gently spooning it into a cup and sweep off any excess.
Do not use the measuring cup to scoop from the bag as it may compact the flour resulting in more flour than required.
Do not overwork the dough…
Keep it lose and just gently knead it to for the desired shape and size