07 Sep Cloud 9 Savoury Cheese Waffles
Posted at 17:54h in All Recipes, Delicious Gluten-Free Baking Recipes, Made with Pancake & Waffle Mix
Cloud 9 Savoury Cheese Waffles
This is a savoury twist to a regular waffle – and it’s just darn good!
Ingredients you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 cups Cloud 9 Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 1 cup milk (¼ cup less than the regular recipe)
- 3 eggs (one more egg than the regular recipe)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups of grated sharp (old) cheddar cheese or hard cheese of your choice.
- Pinch of paprika
- ½ tsp of savoury spices such as Old Bay Seasoning or mixture of powdered garlic, pepper and paprika – basically spice it up with a few of your favourites
- 1 tsp of dried herbs such as herbs de Provence or Italian seasoning – if you have neither dried basil or oregano work well too.
- Pre-heat pan, griddle or waffle maker to med-high heat, according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a medium-sized bowl, measure all ingredients and mix together with a whisk until smooth.
- Ladle the batter into the desired amount onto griddle or waffle maker, cook until golden brown
The recipe makes 6-8 waffles.